Friday 6 July 2012

Kefir is an Incredible Gain - So Many Health Benefits

So I recently was in Ventura, California on a women's retreat and sharing a hotel room with a wonderful women whom I had not met before this retreat. We started off with small talk which quickly led to both our interest and passion about the health industry and cause illnesses with natural remedies.

Quickly I learned that she is much more advanced in this area that I, and I was so fortunate because she opened my eyes to many sources that I was not aware of.  Even after all the research that I have done with digestion, candida, energy, beauty, sleep, eczema and the list goes on, I had never come across Kefir.

This is also not been brought to my attention from the many homeopathic doctors that I have seen.

She started taking Kefir after she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and was dealing with leaky gut syndrome. For her, it immediately gave her relief of gas and other uncomfortable symptoms of poor digestion. I was eager to learn more, as she touched on the fact that Kefir is actually a healthy form of candida and helps to balance the candida in your body.

Immediately returning from my 4 days away, I started to google and sure enough, there was all kinds of information regarding Kefir and it's link to Candida. 

You can buy Kefir grains and make your own Kefir water or your local grocery story may have some products with it present.  Living in Calgary, AB our grocery stores do not carry some of the products that I say when I was in the US, however when I was looking for a digestive enzyme, I came across a product by the name of Kefiactive - Kombucha by Botanica, which is a raw fermented tea prepared using the kefir grain. 

I purchased this product, and did some research on it and decided to drink the maximum that you are allowed each day, which is 4 tablespoons.  I was mixing this with 16 oz high quality water and 1 tablespoon of pure cranberry. 

Well immediately, I had the most incredible amount of gas produced, which was caused by the fermented product trying to clean out my digestive track and having suffered from Candida most of my life, there was a lot of aiding to be done.  When the kefir grain hit the unhealthy candida, it was exploding and causing the gas. Also, I had what seemed like a reaction to allergies, my nose was so stuffed but I was blowing 30 times a day and there was never lack of mucus to be removed.  This was also the Candida existing my body.

After about a week of living with the most awful uncomfortable pain, I decided to scale it down to 1 tablespoon in the morning with the 16 oz of water and cranberry and the same mixture before dinner.  With this recipe, I had no gas, however so many health benefits.

During this time:
  • My skin was clearing us
  • enzyme was going away
  • digestion was incredible
  • Body functions were all working, I was regular and healthy
  • No suffering from gas after certain foods
  • My nose drip was non existent
  • No itchy throat
There are many documented benefits to the addition of kefir to ones diet and although I encourage you to do your own research, here is a list of what I found:
  • Aids in digestion
  • Protect the intestines from disease causing bacteria
  • Supports the immune system
  • Is a natural source of Vitamins A, B2, B12, D and K
  • Assist in keeping the nervous system stable
  • Known to inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells
  • Reduction in the size of certain tumours
  • Natural anti Inflammatory
  • Has been known to correct ulcerative colitis
  • Significantly lower blood glucose levels
  • Shown to inhibit pathogenic bacteria, such as Salmonella, while leaving other lactobacilli and human cells unharmed *
  • Can increase folic acid in the body
  • Aids in controlling candida
It goes without saying, I would recommend Kefir to anyone.  It is now in my daily doses I take, along with acidophilus which I have taken faithfully for over 15 years.

Thank you Kate for introducing me to this incredible product that has truly improved my quality of health.

Lyndsay
http://www.vegmenufortheweek.com

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me if you have been taking for a long time or do you stop after a month?

    ReplyDelete