Friday 25 May 2012

Homemade Kale Chips

Recipe for Kale Chips below..

.




We rolled out our newsletter last week on healthy snacks and Laurie mentioned how much I love Kale chips. I wasn't thinking last week but I am now.

  • 1 bunch kale - cleaned and dried
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (at room temperature, not hardened)
  • ground sea salt & fresh cracked pepper -to taste

  1. Separate the leafs from stem and tear into small pieces, coat with olive oil and salt and pepper.
  2. Separate on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
  3. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes - 15 minutes max! somewhere in between there is the perfect time.


If I am feeling like I need more of a "bad" (when I say bad, I mean yum!) snack, I will add vegan imitation Parmesan after they come out of the oven - just a sprinkle it on top.



Enjoy! 
Lyndsay


Visit us for a week free of our Vegetarian Menu: http://www.vegmenufortheweek.com



No comments:

Post a Comment