Friday 8 June 2012

Detoxing of Diet Soda - Blog 2 - Day 6


Today is June 7th and I am close to a week into almost ‘cold turkey’ diet
cola restraint! So far it has been 7 days of withdrawal which has not been
pleasant. My cells are sending a constant message to my brain ‘I need a
diet cola, I need a diet cola’. My body has been stricken fever and
chills, circles under my eyes; I have been headachy and edgy! The cravings
have been strong and I have to admit that I have broken down twice and had
a regular cola and a few sips of a diet cola which I promptly pour down
the drain before I could chug the whole can down. I know it will get
better and so I keep moving forward.

I have also noticed that the hives that spring up on my body have
subsided. This condition was caused by an overactive immune system brought
on by the over doses of histamines in so much carbonation I expose my body
to on a daily basis. I was at Simply Raw Express a new retail outlet owned
and operated by Raw Food Guru, Natasha Kyssa in Ottawa ON Canada. Their
menu includes 3 fresh pressed juices available in glass bottles; the
Alkalize fresh pressed juice - celery, cucumber, romaine, kale, lemon was
recommended. I will be working on menus including these vegetables and
fruit this weekend of recipe testing. Look for menus reflecting this in
the coming weeks.

I have read that it takes about 4 days to get over caffeine withdrawal
symptoms, but with aspartame I have been told that it can take up to two
weeks. I am not looking forward to feeling this way for much longer, but I
do know that this is something I need to do. My newsletter which you
should be getting tomorrow will be addressing the negative effects of
Aspartame.

Laurie Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment